Updated 01:38 AM EDT, Tue, Oct 27, 2020

Is This Guillermo del Toro & Hideo Kojima's New Game?

  • +
  • -
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE
Close

"Silent Hills" has been scrapped, but Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima still intend to work together sometime in the future.

In an interview with IGN, the filmmaker revealed that another project from him and the "Metal Gear Solid" game creator should be expected.

"I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that's not going to be '[Silent Hills],'" del Toro told the news outlet.

The duo's previous project was canceled by game developer Konami last April after much hype, A.V. Club took note. The horror game was supposed to star "The Walking Dead" actor Norman Reedus.

According to del Toro, "Silent Hills" was still in its early development stages when they got wind of its cancellation.

"We were in the planning stages, and it's a shame it's not going to happen," the "Crimson Peak" director explained to IGN. "We were talking about really pushing the boundaries of the new consoles, and making the game really mess with your head. One of the great moments in 'Metal Gear [Solid]' was Psycho Mantis. The idea that a game can actually interact with you, and stuff like that."

A.V. Club wrote that "Silent Hills" wasn't anything like Konami's older "Silent Hill" games, so there's a huge chance that del Toro and Kojima will instead "take what they had to another studio that doesn't hate video games," and name the project differently.

A P.T. or Playable Teaser for "Silent Hills" was released last year and was removed from the PlayStation Store in April when the cancellation was announced, GameSpot wrote. However, Konami said that the company will not take down the P.T. from users' PlayStation accounts.

What's Next for del Toro and Kojima

According to GameSpot, Kojima is likely finished with working at Konami. His studio, Kojima Productions, was dissolved, and his name was taken away from the box art of the upcoming game, "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain."

Del Toro, meanwhile, is busy with his film commitments. Just recently, the director's sequel for 2013's science fiction monster-action movie, "Pacific Rim," was announced.

As per Birth.Movies.Death, "Pacific Rim 2" will start production in Toronto's Pinewood Studios, and will have "Maelstrom" as its working title. He also revealed that "Pacific Rim 2" will kick off a few years after the original film's event and will center on the Kaiju, Global News reported.

Del Toro will once again pen the screenplay alongside Travis Beacham and Zak Penn of "X-Men: The Last Stand." "Pacific Rim 2" is expected to debut in theaters on August 4, 2017, Global News noted.

© 2015 Latin One. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE

Curiosidades

Real Time Analytics