Updated 01:38 AM EST, Fri, Nov 15, 2019

NASCAR Sponsor Not Setting Foot on Trump's Resort After 2016 Presidential Candidate's Immigrant Comments

  • +
  • -
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE
Close

A big NASCAR sponsor has reportedly pulled out a huge awards event from one of the properties of Donald Trump and has also encouraged the entire sports racing business venture to end all ties with the aspiring president.

In a report, TMZ said that Camping World chief executive officer Marcus Lemonis contacted NASCAR head Brian France to tell him that he is angry with the business tycoon's comments about Mexicans during his speech, announcing his bid for presidency.

According to the same report, Lemonis is now a big name in NASCAR after his company signed a huge contract with the racing organisation, which is expected to last until 2022.

"Last year, our NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Awards Ceremony was held at the Trump National Doral in Miami, and due to recent and ongoing blatantly bigoted and racist comments from Donald Trump in regards to immigrants of the United States, I would like to inform you that I will not, nor will any representative of Camping World, participate or attend in the ceremonial event if it is held at any Trump property," said the Camping World CEO in his letter to the NASCAR chief as quoted by TMZ.

He also expressed in his letter that he is hopeful that NASCAR "would agree with my sentiments."

In a similar NBC News report, it was mentioned that the motorsports series will not have its season-ending awards at the Trump National Doral Miami anymore.

"We looked at everything we saw coming down and what we heard from our sponsors and our partners and what we feel we should be doing, and that's what led us to the decision today," explained NASCAR spokesperson David Higdon.

This was clearly in response to the letter of Lemonis who said that he will not take part in the warding ceremony if it will be done inside the Trump property.

"Our company will not stand to support any person or organization that associates with such beliefs and we feel strongly about distancing ourselves from any negative and discriminatory comments made against any gender, ethnicity, age group or so forth," Lemonis added in the NBC News report.

All this fuss started when Trump made the remarks against Mexican migrants at a recent news conference at the Trump Tower in New York.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting," he said.

Earlier, TV network Univision withdrew its support to Trump's Miss Universe Organization also because of his insulting comments as per Hollywood Reporter. Trump, who recently announced his bid for the presidential race, hit back at the TV station through a letter he issued to its CEO, Randy Falco, on Friday.

"Please be advised that under no circumstances is any officer or representative of Univision allowed to use Trump National Doral, Miami - its golf courses or any of its facilities. Also, it's too bad you didn't have the courage to call me yourself instead of delegating the task to Beau [Ferrari, exec vp operations]," the letter read as quoted by Hollywood Reporter.

© 2015 Latin One. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE

Curiosidades

Real Time Analytics