Updated 08:58 AM EDT, Sun, Sep 20, 2020

'The X-Files' 2015 TV Show News Update: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson to Return in Reboot Series?

  • +
  • -
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE
Close

The rumored reboot of Fox's science fiction, horror drama "The X-Files" seems more and more likely to push through as original cast members David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, and Fox co-CEOs Gary Newman and Dara Walden are all onboard to bring back the series, IGN reported.

"The X-Files" tells the story of FBI special agents who investigate unexplained cases called X-Files from the government. It was originally released in 1993 and lasted nine seasons with more than 200 episodes before it ended in 2002, and even resulted in two spin-off movies, according to IMDb.

Duchovny, who plays conspiracy theorist Fox Mulder on the show, spoke to USA Today on Tuesday and said that if the project pushes through, he'll be "more than happy and excited" to get to work with Anderson and series creator Chris Carter.

"I'm assuming it will happen sooner rather than later now. We'll see what form, how many episodes," he said.

He added that he couldn't and wasn't interested in doing a full season though, saying "It will be in some kind of limited form. We're all old. We don't have the energy for a full season."

The actor seems to be very busy with his other commitments. He's starring in NBC's new series "Aquarius" and also penned his first novel "Holy Cow," which is coming out next month, USA Today added.

Still, it will probably please fans to know that they'll get to see Mulder back on the scene if the reboot gets greenlighted.

The same goes for Anderson, who plays initial skeptic Dana Scully in the series.

During a podcast on The Nerdist earlier this month, Anderson said she would be "f*cking overjoyed" to return to the show for a few episodes. She even encouraged fans and listeners to tweet the hashtag "#XFiles2015" to get more people onboard the show's return, receiving overwhelming response.

With its two leading stars already on board, Fox probably has more incentive now to try and push through with the project. They already confirmed over the weekend that they were in the logistical phase of the reboot, according to Vanity Fair, and their only concern though is Carter's participation.

Carter already expressed his interest in doing the reboot, but Fox explained the producer "has a lot going on." Fox clearly stated that they were not willing to move forward without Carter though, so until he gives his okay, the fate of the reboot still remains hanging.

With so many executives, actors and fans on board, the future of "The X-Files" seems bright, and hopefully Mulder and Scully get to appear on television screens soon.

© 2015 Latin One. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE

Curiosidades

Real Time Analytics