Updated 12:15 AM EDT, Wed, May 12, 2021

'Men in Black' Reboot Cast & Release Date: Will Smith Joining or Not? The Truth Revealed!

  • +
  • -
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE
Close

"Men in Black" producers Laurie MacDonald and Walter Parkes confirmed that Sony is remaking the classic sci-fi movie but without fan-favorite Will Smith.

The popular movie franchise has been part of many of the 2000 generation's childhood and has become something they happily look back to.

Unfortunately, the new generation would be seeing another version of the film without the wits of Will Smith who was known for his portrayal of "Agent J."

In a concise answer, Parkes confirmed that Sony Entertainment would indeed recreate the franchise into a trilogy.

"We're in the middle of it. It's very active," Parkes told The Hollywood Reporter during an event at the Toronto International Film Festival.

However, when asked if Will Smith would be reprising his role for the film, the producer answered: "Most likely no."

This, says Screen Rant, echoes what Smith hinted at back in 2013 when he was asked about reprising in a fourth "Men in Black" movie.

"I think three is enough for me. Three of anything is enough for me. We'll look at it and we'll consider it, but it feels like that it might be time to let someone else do that," he told Collider while promoting "After Earth" in 2013.

As expected, many are already expressing their sadness about the fact that one of the reasons why they watch the flicks will most probably be a no-show.

"Let's avoid all the trite reboot criticism and savor the good news that's tucked neatly inside of some terrible news: 'Men in Black' is sliding back into theaters for at least three more movies. Sadly, Will Smith will likely have little (i.e. nothing) to do with any of them," CA Complex reported.

MTV was also bummed about the news, cleverly adding a Neuralyzer GIF for the benefit of those who wish to forget what the real deal is.

While the outlet did sound quite disappointed about Smith, it still reveled in the possibility of more MIB movies coming especially after rumors of an "MIB-Jump Street" crossover surfaced earlier this year.

According to the MTV report, "Jump Street" co-director Phil Lord confirmed that the idea did emerge during one of their brainstorming sessions for the film.

"Nothing's changed. It's still a crazy idea, and we only do things that seem like they're going to be terrible," he told MTV during the Golden Globes.

"We're really focusing on what's a great story for Schmidt and Jenko and how to tell the next chapter in their lives. And perhaps use creatures from another world at the same time," he continued.

© 2015 Latin One. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE

Curiosidades

Real Time Analytics