WWE News & Notes 2014: Potential Wrestlemania 30 Matches in Aftermath of CM Punk Departure, Sting WWE Update
- Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE
Plans for Wrestlemania XXX continue to roll along as the company continues to pin down final plans for their annual pay-per-view extravaganza, despite sudden changes in the roster with CM Punk's departure from the company. Punk left the company Jan. 27, one night after the 2014 Royal Rumble, unhappy with the direction of his role with the company or the WWE's Wrestlemania XXX plans for him to face Triple H, wishing to headline the yearly pay-per-view.
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers, Results for Feb. 07, 2014: Randy Orton Faces Christian Prior to Elimination Chamber
- WWE Raw Results for Feb. 3: Champion Randy Orton Faces Daniel Bryan One-on-One
- WWE News & Notes 2014: CM Punk Update, UFC's Dana White Responds to Alistair Overeem's Challenging Brock Lesnar
- WWE Raw Preview for Feb. 03, 2014: Batista, Daniel Bryan Continue Title Quest, The Shield War With Wyatts, More
- WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 27, 2014: Batista Rolls Into Wrestlemania 30 After Royal Rumble 2014 Win
- WWE Royal Rumble 2013 PPV Live Stream, Schedule, Predictions, Match Card and How to Watch: John Cena vs Randy Orton for the Title, Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan, Batista in the Rumble
- WWE Smackdown Spoilers & Results for Jan. 24, 2014: Daniel Bryan Cleared to Compete at Royal Rumble, Chaos On Smackdown
- WWE Raw Results for Jan. 20: Batista Returns, CM Punk Gets his Royal Rumble Entry Number, & John Cena Loses it on Randy Orton
- WWE News & Notes 2014: Injured Daniel Bryan May Miss Royal Rumble, Hulk Hogan Makes Verbal Agreement With WWE, More
- WWE Monday Night Raw Spoilers, Preview for Jan. 20, 2013: Batista Returns to WWE, John Cena, Randy Orton on Royal Rumble Collision Course
PWInsider.com is reporting that the WWE is choosing not to talk about Punk's departure publicly, with Vince McMahon working behind the scenes to bring the former champion back to the company. Punk was slated to appear on Comedy Central show @midnight February 12, but has since canceled his appearance on comedian Chris Hardwick's late night show.
With Punk gone from the company, one name being thrown around as a possible Triple H opponent at Wrestlemania XXX is Roman Reigns, who has been getting a big push after his record-breaking participation in the Royal Rumble - having eliminated the most men in the history of the 30-Man Over-the-top-rope Battle Royal. With the seeds of dissension having already been set in The Shield story-arc, sliding Reigns into a Wrestlemania XXX match against Triple H helps continue the strongman's push while keeping The Shield's storyline in play. Another alternative idea being thrown around for The Shield's Wrestlemania XXX plans is a potential Triple Threat match between all three members to culminate the break-up of The Shield.
Another Triple Threat match that may become a Wrestlemania XXX reality is WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton defending his title against Batista and Daniel Bryan. With fans angry Bryan was held out of the Battle Royal, taking out their frustrations out on Royal Rumble winner Batista, Bryan may be pushed into the title scene, considering he is widely over with the WWE Universe, with "YES!" chants now ringing out beyond beyond WWE events. Speculation is that if the WWE decides to go with an Orton-Bryan-Batista Triple Threat match, they may drop the The Shield Triple Threat match to avoid having two such matches at the pay-per-view.
A deal between free agent Sting, who was recently signed to TNA Wrestling, and the WWE seems imminent, as both sides are continuing talks, according to The Wrestling Observer, with merchandising details being worked out, including a release of a DVD chronicling his career in WCW in the works. Sting will not likely compete at Wrestlemania XXX and may be held out from ring competition until Wrestlemania XXXI, using his WWE debut as the hook to build fan attention.
One person who may be making a Wrestlemania XXX appearance is former WWE Diva Stacy Kiebler, who make take a role as a backstage correspondent, after Stephanie McMahon met with the former WWE Diva in New York City. McMahon is believed to have proposed a lucrative offer to Kiebler that could include induction in the WWE Hall of Fame.
WWE.com is reporting that E! Total Divas' Naomi of the Funkadactyls will be out of action for a while after suffering a bruised orbital bone (bruised eye socket) and a scratch on her cornea after taking a stiff kick from Askana in the last edition of Monday Night Raw. While Naomi passed the WWE's concussion test, Naomi will be given the chance to heal up before she can come back to action. Meanwhile, Cody Rhodes is working despite a knee injury after taking a sick bump attempting a Moonsault off the top of the steel cage in his WWE Tag Team title match against the New Age Outlaws in the last edition of Monday Night Raw. According to WrestlingInc.com, there is no backstage heat on "Road Dogg" Jesse James for failing to catch Rhodes properly due to the degree of difficulty in the maneuver that could have seriously injured both WWE superstars.
- Sign up to receive the lastest news from LATINONE